ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics.
· Provides academic and career technical education program leadership in development of new classes, programs of completion, and degrees.
· Prepares annual class schedules, perform faculty evaluations, administer student surveys of instruction, meet regularly with local community advisory committees, and oversee updates and revisions to the college catalog.
· Actively participates in student advisement and recruitment activities for on-campus, online, and dual credit students.
· Provides leadership chairing the Academic Council and maintains communication with students, faculty, and the president’s office.
· Revises and updates curriculum in collaboration with the department chairs and president.
· Maintains professional and academic competencies and participates in professional development activities. Stays abreast of developments in community college academic office leadership.
· Serves as a liaison to the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools for activities related to academic affairs.
· Develops and administers an academic budget in consultation with department chairs.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Supervision: The Vice President reports to the campus president. The position supervises a variety of positions/functions including: faculty chairs, library services, student services, information technology, and institutional effectiveness.