Job Bank Jobs:
Vice Chancellor, Human Resources
|Vice Chancellor, Human Resources|
|Ventura County Community College District|
|Ventura, CA |
The Ventura County Community College District invites applications for
Vice Chancellor, Human Resources.
Applications will be accepted until we have a sufficient number of qualified applicants for consideration. To ensure consideration, submit an application at https://jobs.vcccd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53998 on or before Sunday, June 30, 2013. Please share this information with anyone you know who may be a good candidate for the position.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for the job is negotiable, competitive, and commensurate with a candidate’s background and experience.
Under the direction of the Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor, Human Resources serves as the district’s chief human resources officer. The Vice Chancellor plans, directs, and administers the Human Resources Department, including labor relations, employee relations, contract administration, staff development for academic and classified employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Serve as the advisor to the Chancellor pertaining to human resources management, staff diversity, staff development, and employer/employee relations problems, issues and concerns.
- Identify, plan, and establish goals, objectives, and direction of the district human resources management, labor relations, staff diversity, liability, and staff development programs and systems.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate pending legislation, legal mandates, regulations, and guidelines which may affect the district’s programs, functions, and activities.
- Plan, develop, and implement audit and evaluation procedures to ensure the human resources management, labor relations, staff diversity, liability, and staff development systems, processes, and procedures are pursued in a cost-effective and cost-beneficial manner.
- Plan, design, and establish assessment and evaluation procedure.
- Plan, design, implement, and continuously assess the personnel record management, storage, and retrieval system.
- Plan, organize, and administer a comprehensive employer/employee relations program, including the conduct of negotiations with labor organizations, and the development, administration, and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements; confer with the Board of Trustees, Chancellor and management staff to develop collective bargaining proposals, policies and strategies; serve as principle negotiator and coordinator for collective bargaining activities; design, develop, propose and implement a district plan for collective bargaining.
- Process classified and academic grievances according to the appropriate negotiated contract procedures; serve as liaison to labor organizations in analyzing problems and in developing alternative solutions; set up, maintain and evaluate grievance procedures, resolutions, costs, trends and related legal resources; direct and implement legal settlements and litigation involving employee discipline, legal actions and related issues, in conjunction with appropriate legal counsel; train management and other staff in procedures related to employee discipline, grievance and complaint resolution, mediation, and related legal requirements.
- Oversee investigation of complaints of discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Oversee the development of district employee health and welfare programs.
- Plan, organize, and administer the district workers’ compensation and liability programs.
- Plan, develop and conduct related training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
A Master's Degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university in business, human resources management, public administration, labor relations, or other related field; five years of increasingly responsible human resources management experience, including experience in employer/employee relations, employee benefit programs, staff development, or related fields with direct responsibility for one or more of the areas supervised.
About the Community
Ventura County is located in Southern California and forms the northwestern part of the Greater Los Angeles Area. Located along 43 miles of California’s Gold Coast, our Mediterranean climate is often described as the best in the world, with average annual temperatures in the mid 70’s. Ventura County’s mountains, valleys and seashore give the area six different micro-climates, more than any other county in the nation. Ventura County is the gateway to Channel Islands National Park, one of only four designated national marine sanctuaries composed of five islands located just a few miles off the coast. The county has a diverse population with approximately 800,000 residents including 10 incorporated cities (Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Ojai, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Ventura, Santa Paula, Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks).
About the College District
Ventura County Community College District (VCCCD) offers fully-accredited educational programs for students transferring to four-year colleges and universities, vocational programs for acquiring job skills, and programs for updating career skills through continuing education. Governed by a five-member locally elected Board of Trustees and directed by the Chancellor, the District currently serves over 34,000 students through its three colleges: Moorpark College, Oxnard College, and Ventura College.
For information regarding the selection process, visit the posting on our website. Please feel free to contact Matthew Escobedo with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ventura County Community College District seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is the continuing goal of Ventura County Community College District to hire and retain faculty, staff and administrators that reflect the rich diversity and cultural heritage of the College District and its student body. Ventura County Community College District is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact E-mail Address
|5/29/2013 12:00 AM|