|National Advisor (Community College)|
The National (business-to-business) Advisor is responsible for developing, growing, and retaining strategic, long term partnerships with new and existing college partners within an assigned geography or industry vertical. This individual will be responsible for working with a select group of clients and prospective clients to promote the UOPX mission, vision and values to the college and to its faculty, staff and students.
With a field advisor staff numbering the hundreds, as well as support teams all across the nation, WFS helps partner the University with corporations, so that together, we can empower the workforce of the 21st century.
In an increasingly competitive economy that is becoming more globalized, companies need results-driven employees who are responsive to changes in the marketplace and understand how to keep business moving forward--and as businesses grow more complex, organizations need a more highly skilled workforce. Whether they want to develop their employees’ communication skills or the critical thinking that comes with an advanced degree, Workforce Solutions (WFS) assist them in defining real-world Phoenix-based offering to meet their objectives.
With a field advisor staff numbering the hundreds, as well as support teams all across the nation, WFS helps partner the University with corporations, high schools and two-year colleges, so that together, we can empower the workforce of the 21st century. The Community College Center of Excellence (CCCE) is the gateway for community colleges and their students to connect with the University. The CCCE contributes to developing the workforce by guiding associate-degreed students on their path to earning a bachelor’s degree while also connecting them to careers.
- Identifies, prospects, and qualifies new client opportunities, promoting the value of UOPX educational products and solutions for the college.
- Reviews market analyses, monitors competitive activity and proactively identify client needs. Regularly calls on college leadership seeking feedback on performance and service levels and identifying opportunities to expand the relationship.
- Works collaboratively with UOPX colleagues to identify and implement customized educational solutions that support each client’s business strategies and workforce needs. Prepares and presents recommendations to college leadership that are aligned with client expectations and consistent with the UOPX brand.
- Negotiates agreements for services, programs and pricing within assigned client/account base.
- Maintains world class stakeholder management, ensuring top quality communication and alignment of mutual business goals between client and UOPX.
- Extends the vision, strategies and tactics required for new and sustained client engagement and implementation across all assigned accounts
- Drives and maintains high customer service levels within assigned account base.
- Attends and participates in regional professional and business organizations to represent UOPX capabilities and drive new business opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in business development and strategic account management with a record of high performance in solution selling across multiple industry verticals
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, or a related field is preferred.
- Consultative sales experience presenting comprehensive business partner solutions to senior-level executives.
- Demonstrated track record of successful consultative, business-to-business sales or related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of a university academic model, as may be gained through experience as either an alumni or faculty
- Experience with adult learning and development models.
- Strong research skills and ability to identify client needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate professionally, persuasively and confidently over phone, e-mail and in face to face appointments
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across departments, functions, cultures and time zones.
- Experience developing and selling complex value propositions.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Successful track record of influencing executives across a client’s organization.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Highly organized with strong planning and time management skills.
- Ability to politically navigate through an organization to interact with key decision makers and other executives.
- Strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to present to C-level decision makers.
- Demonstrated experience with leveraging a CRM tool to guide day-to-day activities.
- This position will work exclusively with the Community College market.
- Knowledge and/or experience working in the community college or education industry is strongly preferred
- This is a virtual position with the primary territory of the Northeast including MA, ME & CT.
- Strongly recommended that candidate resides in one of the major markets listed
- Travel required, must be flexible to telecommute from a home office.
|University of Phoenix|
|401(k), Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing, Paid Training, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Stock Options, Tuition Reimbursement|
Contact E-mail Address
|5/17/2013 5:21 PM|