|Vice President for Finance and Operations|
|Brunswick Community College|
Brunswick Community College
Job Title: Vice President for Finance and Operations
Reports to: College President
Date: July 1, 2013
The incumbent in this position is expected to support the College in achieving its mission and goals. Student focus, college services, and a willingness to assist as needed are expected from all employees.
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Vice President for Finance and Operations is the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), serves on the President’s senior leadership team, and reports directly to the College President. This position is accountable for the administrative oversight for the college financial services and operations related to Plant Operations & Maintenance, and Auxiliary Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As Chief Finance Officer (CFO) for the college, this position is accountable to the President for all financial matters and to establish objectives, policies, systems, and practices which ensure the College of a continuously sound financial structure.
- Provides leadership and oversight in the areas of budgeting, financial accounting and reporting, purchasing, and payroll.
- Provides leadership and oversight for all auxiliary services, including the bookstore, vending, print shop, and campus security.
- Provides leadership and oversight for the College’s plant operation and maintenance, including custodial services, maintenance, and landscaping maintenance, and construction financing, and budgeting administration.
- Assists the President with budget forecasting and financial analyses.
- Assists the President with Board of Trustees development and information as it relates to the Division of Finance and Operations.
- Assumes a leadership role with government, community and other agencies to advance the college’s mission and vision.
- Serves as a member of the President’s leadership team.
- Ensures compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
- Accountable for the review, development, monitoring and compliance of policies, procedures, rules, and regulations associated with the business operations of the college.
- Provides the leadership, guidance and direction to the Division of Finance and Operations in order to ensure that staff members provide the necessary services for customers of the college in a cooperative, courteous and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven effective management and supervisory skills.
- Strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety.
- Demonstrated successful working relations in leading and managing director and staff level personnel, contractors and other members of the academic and business community.
- Evidence of successful experience in developing budgets and contracts.
- Strong commitment to community relations and diversity.
- Current knowledge in the field.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in higher education administration or accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree with bona fide executive level management experience; CPA
- Knowledge of North Carolina legislative and higher education financial policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated budgetary, financial, and strategic management skills.
- Exemplary skills in communication with a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated skills in the supervision of multiple complex administrative units.
- Demonstrated decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement innovative solutions for financial, management and operational issues,
- Demonstrated commitment to quality education, professional development and institutional effectiveness.
- Knowledge of applicable national and disciplinary accreditation requirements and guidelines.
Preferred level of experience as Vice President, Dean, Controller or Business Manager in college
business operations. Minimum is 10 years of progressive / accountable financial, administrative and
supervisory experience at an institution of higher education, preferably in a community college
This is a fulltime position. Salary range is determined by the candidate’s education and experience. The position will remain open until filled and subject to budget availability. A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, transcripts, and resume are required. Applications may be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu. Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to: Human Resources, Brunswick Community College, PO Box 30, Supply, NC, 28462. email@example.com Fax (910) 754-8229 Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|(910) 755-7300 |
|(910) 754-8229 |
Contact E-mail Address
|4/18/2013 12:00 AM|