Matanuska-Susitna College, located in Alaska’s Matanuska-Susitna Valley, is accepting applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Mathematics to begin Fall, 2013. Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Mathematics at time of appointment. Ph.D. in Mathematics is highly preferred and may be accepted in lieu of Master’s Degree. The successful applicant will be expected to teach undergraduate and developmental math courses, in addition to advising, office hours and college and community service.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are:
• Willingness to engage in University, professional and/or community service
• Ability to teach both undergraduate and developmental Math courses
• Evidence of effective teaching at the college level
• Evidence of ability to work collaboratively with campus colleagues
• Demonstrated use of technology to support student learning
• Experience teaching via distance or the willingness to
• Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
Successful applicants must provide official transcripts documenting academic credentials required for the positions as a condition of employment.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should apply through the online application system at: http://www.uakjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=80462
The University of Alaska Anchorage is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and educational institution. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.