|Honors Instructor |
|Highline Community College |
|Des Moines, Washington|
Join a dynamic and diverse educational team at Highline Community College!
Seeking candidates for this full-time, one-year temporary faculty position, from September 17, 2013 to June 13, 2014. This one year position has a 40- to 42-credit (or its equivalent) course load.
The College will provide a one academic year salary of $39,500 and benefits as allowed by the state. An additional stipend of $4,000-$6,000 for summertime activities is expected.
This position is open continuous. First consideration will be given those applications received online by March 8, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teaching: Teach Honors 100, Honors 101 and Honors 299 courses, as well as occasional discipline-based courses (teaching assignment may include evening/weekend, on-line, and off-campus sections); train and mentor teaching assistants; advise students individually; collect and input program information; and advise, mentor, and support Honors 100 students as they construct their college application portfolios.
• Service: Work with faculty across all disciplines to develop Honors Option projects; collaborate with the Honors Program Director to open academic and scholarship opportunities for the most able and energetic Honors students; collaborate with the Honors Program Director in program development, website development, public relations, funding, and building relationships with specific colleges; write letters of recommendation for Honors students as is necessary; moderate Honors Leadership Team (HLT) and their service activities for the college; work with HLT students to present several workshops each quarter about the college admissions process; engage in college initiatives; participate in shared governance; promote the college’s values, and perform other contracted duties (for example, advising, community outreach) as required.
• Professional development: Develop basic knowledge of a variety of four-year schools and programs so as to match students to colleges and college programs; and maintain competence in teaching and academic discipline through professional development activities.
• Masters degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited institution in an academic discipline that is applicable to a four-year college major (pending degrees must be verified by a letter from the granting institution).
• Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with honors programming at the two-year college level.
• Teaching experience.
• Personal experience at more than one institution of higher education; knowledge of and interest in the four-year experience in the U.S.
• Bi-cultural experience(s) and/or fluency in an additional language(s).
TO APPLY (ONLINE PROCESS) PLEASE GO TO: HTTP://HUMANRESOURCES.HIGHLINE.EDU
Thank you for your interest in Highline Community College
|Faculty (All Fields)|
|Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Training, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Tuition Reimbursement|
|$39,500 per academic year plus $4,000-$6,000 summer stipend|
|Human Resources Office|
Contact E-mail Address
|2/28/2013 5:11 PM|