Roxbury Community College (RCC), a vibrant, urban college within Boston, MA, seeks a seasoned academic leader with a record of accomplishment to serve as its new President. The new President will work with an invigorated Board of Trustees and an engaged constituency of students, faculty, staff, alumni and community residents, building upon the commitment expressed and momentum created by the Governor of Massachusetts and Higher Education Commission officials.
Founded in 1973, RCC is a public, co-educational institution of higher education within the 15-college Massachusetts Community College system. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, the College offers Associate of Science and/or Arts degrees, continuing education courses, and certificate programs. The College currently offers 29 degree programs and 11 certificate programs and has focused on mathematics, nursing, science and technology in recent years.
RCC is an urban college with a history of, expectation and obligation to serve, with excellence, a student body rich in diversity; ethnically, racially and linguistically. It seeks a collaborative, entrepreneurial President committed to student success by partnering with regional employers and neighboring communities. The College’s total student enrollment as of fall 2012 is 2,712, 1,771 of whom are enrolled full time. A smaller number of students are enrolled in certificate, continuing education, and general education degree (GED) courses. The College employs 51 full time faculty, 180 adjunct faculty and 143 full time employees.
The President position requires creative, proven leadership, and sound management skills. The successful candidate for President will have the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education; an earned doctorate preferred;
• Track record of successful administrative management and fiscal expertise in a complex organization, including the ability to build, direct and evaluate a leadership team;
• Desire to work with and actively encourage faculty, staff and students to achieve higher levels of institutional excellence and accountability;
• Keen political acumen and fortitude sufficient to navigate, persuade and advocate for RCC’s interests;
• Enthusiasm for and affinity with the diversity that makes up the College and evidence of the ability to strengthen this important asset of RCC;
• Commitment to transparency, fairness and equal opportunity; and,
To Inquire or APPLY
Nominations, resumes and cover letters should be emailed to PresidentRCC@imsearch.com. The position will be open and materials will be accepted until the position is filled.
Inquiries should be directed to Monroe “Bud” Moseley, Vice President or Donna Cramer, Senior Associate at Isaacson, Miller, phone (617) 262-6500.
Roxbury Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
for more information about RCC.