JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for operational management of the Technical Education Division to include supervision and evaluation of department chairs and other direct report employees; coordination of course scheduling and management of course loading to meet student and program needs, management of budgets, implementation of annual plans assigned to area, assessment and continual improvement of programs and courses, oversight of articulation agreement development and revision with secondary schools, and the development of relationships with business and industry and other external entities related to divisional mission and purpose. Teach reduced course load as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development and implement short and long-term plans for Technical Education Division that support and contribute to the achievement of College strategic objectives, goals, and its mission and evaluate the effectiveness of such plans and activities.
- Implement an approved comprehensive approach to continuous improvement by using and analyzing relevant data to design, review, evaluate and revise programs and services.
- Manage operational systems that result in effective administrative processes for budget management, inventory management, student advisement, course scheduling, faculty orientation and all other systems that support instruction, instructional administration, and student support.
- Participate in the faculty selection process to select quality, SACS approved faculty and encourage professional development opportunities for faculty and staff with an emphasis on the richness of diversity and dedication to promoting the College's mission. Supervise and evaluate faculty and staff.
- Manage communication systems within the division and between divisions that promote team approaches to process improvement and program and instructional development.
- Build relationships and alliances with external constituencies to fulfill the mission, goals and objectives of the College as it relates to Technical Education programs.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in Engineering or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Engineering from an accredited college and teaching credentials in a field supervised by this position required. Three (3) years progressively responsible related work/teaching experience also required. Professional Engineering license is preferred. Supervisory and administrative experience in higher education, knowledge of technical college mission, demonstrated leadership and communication skills, knowledge of budgeting and planning procedures, and college teaching experience are also preferred.
: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov
. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org
), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. Previously submitted applications will be considered.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-593-9954, ext. 1356, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.