Wharton County Junior College
Title V HSI STEM Articulation Manager
(Temporary Grant Funded Position)
The Title V Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Articulation Manager negotiates agreements and establishes effective working relationships with staff and personnel at participating institutions for the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) funded, five-year grant to increase learning and success in STEM fields of study, especially among Hispanic and other low-income students. Funding following the first year is contingent upon demonstrating substantial progress in meeting the approved goals and objectives and Congressional appropriation of funds for the program.
1) Master’s degree from an accredited university
2) Three years successful administrative work experience
3) Experience with forming articulation agreements between community colleges and universities
4) Knowledge of STEM practices and the ability to provide leadership in the institutionalization of the project across the entire College
5) Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of the student populations in the WCJC service area and surrounding areas
6) Ability to manage projects, build effective teams, analyze data, and a demonstrated ability to write proficiently
7) Ability to facilitate collaborative work across college divisions and departments and with university and ISD personnel
Criminal background check required.
A completed WCJC application is required along with copies of certifications and college transcripts must be submitted online at http://www.wcjc.edu.
WCJC is an equal opportunity employer.