Walla Walla Community College (WWCC) is seeking applicants to fulfill the full-time tenure-track role of Business Management Instructor on the Walla Walla campus.
WWCC faculty members are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality education for all WWCC students. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher, mentor, and facilitator of learning. This position will be responsible for teaching courses in management, advertising, marketing, selling, customer service, and business principles. The successful candidate may also provide instruction in eMarketing, digital advertising and entrepreneurship.
· Provide instruction in assigned classes.
· Schedule and advise students for classes each quarter; mentor students.
· Monitor and evaluate student progress and maintain competency assessment records.
· Incorporate current computer technology in the classroom, and ability to offer curriculum and instruction through distance education delivery modes as appropriate.
· Participate in general faculty functions
o Student Advising
o Curriculum Development
o College Committees
o Professional Development
· A passion for the business field and the mission of the two-year college.
· A commitment to lifelong learning.
· A desire to invest time and energy in professional growth.
· A willingness to adapt to the changing needs of students, the college, and teaching methodologies.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to effectively combine an array of instructional methods to enhance understanding, including demonstrations, lectures, group discussions and activities, individual activities, etc. Understand which teaching methods best serve the student’s needs, interests, and ability to learn.
· Ability to recognize the value of cultural, ethnic, gender and other individual differences in people; create an environment of valuing, encouraging and supporting differences.
· Ability to teach and assess learning objectives and standards to measure students’ learning and understanding.
· Ability to build partnerships with the business community.
· Ability to demonstrate effective classroom management.
· Master’s degree in Business Administration from an accredited college or university required.
· Recent successful teaching experience at the community college and/or university level in the field of business required.
· Recent successful work experience in the business field required.
· Experience in Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, or Advertising in professional environments desired.
· Instructional and/or work experience in developing entrepreneurship programs desired.
· Experience in developing lower-division curriculum at the community college and/or university level desired.
TERMS/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a full-time tenure track faculty position exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Faculty terms and conditions of employment are negotiated with their exclusive bargaining representative, the Association for Higher Education. A complete copy of the agreement can be found on the WWCC Employment Page. In accordance with the provisions of the Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Walla Walla Community College hires only United States citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Persons hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of lawful authorization to work in the United States within three (3) days of employment and official college transcripts. Candidate may be subject to a criminal history background check as a condition for consideration of employment.
The duties described in this announcement should not be considered an all-inclusive list of position requirements. A more complete description of duties can be found in Article 10 of the negotiated faculty agreement.
The College has a negotiated faculty salary schedule. Employee placement on the schedule is determined by education level and experience. Salary is dependent on the number of days of the contract and the candidate’s placement on the negotiated faculty salary schedule. Initial placement is generally $45,700 - $49,300 for a standard 176-day contract, dependent on qualifications (additional compensation for doctorate degree). The College has an excellent faculty benefit program including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; paid sick leave; and retirement plan. The college also supports faculty professional development.
Required Application Materials
This position will remain open until filled with the first screening of applications on October 29, 2012. To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required qualifications and competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
· Online application.
- A letter of interest detailing how you meet the qualifications and competencies for this position*
- Curriculum vitae or comprehensive resume*
- Contact information for three professional references*
- Unofficial transcripts*
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The items marked with an asterisk are required to be included with your on line application prior to submission.
WWCC also reserves the right to not fill this position, reject all applicants, reopen the position or make a direct appointment. Applications received during this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies at the College's discretion.