Haywood Community College
• Earned Doctorate Degree from an accredited College or University preferred, Earned Masters from an accredited College or University is required.
• Minimum of three years senior-level administrative/management/leadership experience required.
• Authorization for a criminal and financial background check is required
Desired Traits & Characteristics
• Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to instill in others a passion for the mission and a commitment to the core values of the College and respect for its traditions and past success.
• An innovative and creative leader committed to academic excellence and student success, possessing the ability to inspire and motivate faculty and staff to fulfill their responsibility to the maximum extent while providing high quality and accessible programs and services to students.
• A proven commitment to using the talents and skills of faculty, staff, and other stakeholders in collaborative decision-making processes.
• Will actively support the development of effective partnerships between the colleges and business and industry, cultural entities, other educational entities and civic organizations throughout the service area.
• Is an articulate spokesperson for the College, locally, statewide, and nationally; and is politically astute with proven advocacy skills and a solid understanding of local, state, and national legislative processes and issues.
• Has demonstrated a passion for the two-year college mission and an understanding of the unique role the college plays in the lives of students and the community served.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and a willingness to make tough decisions.
• An ethical administrator of great integrity who sets high personal standards with a record of fair and honest leadership resulting in the development of a high level of trust within the College and with the greater community.
• Understands the importance of building and maintaining facilities so that they are functionally efficient, professionally aesthetic, and create a quality learning environment.
• A demonstrated ability to effectively oversee the management of fiscal affairs, to ensure the equitable and effective allocation of resources, and to expand the resource base of the district with a proven ability to obtain additional funds for the College through alternative means.
• A visible leader who is accessible to all constituents within the colleges and greater communities and works well with students, faculty, classified staff, and administration.
• The ability to build and maintain good community relations
• An understanding and appreciation of the proper relationship between the Board and the President.