The Director of Institutional Research is responsible for the management, analysis and dissemination of institutional data for both internal and external requests, including the Colorado Community College System (CCCS), Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE), IPEDS, HLC and other state and federally-mandated reports. Responsibilities include providing supervisory direction and project management for one full-time employee, working closely with key campus units to define critical information needs and providing guidance regarding data quality issues, responding quickly, accurately and effectively to requests for information from both internal and external sources, producing Executive Summaries from data-filled reports, including the interpretation and synthesis of data, participating in process improvement and design solutions to streamline and enhance the delivery of information for accreditation, public accountability and strategic planning initiatives. This director sits on the College Leadership Team as a College-wide leader with responsibility to interact and serve with all areas of the College.
· Bachelor’s Degree in research and analysis, statistics or closely related field
· Broad and in-depth knowledge of Federal reporting guidelines.
· Professional experience in institutional research, preferably in a community college.
· Demonstrated expertise with SPSS, MS Access and MS Office Suite.
· Experience with Student Information Systems.
· 2-3 years supervisory experience
· Master’s Degree in research and analysis, statistics or closely related field.
· Demonstrated leadership experience in working cooperatively with individuals and groups toward the completion of tasks and the fulfillment of institutional goals.
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with diverse constituencies internal and external to the College, including a system-level office.
· Demonstrated ability to work with state and federal governmental agencies.
· Demonstrated ability to work with regional accrediting agencies, such as HLC.
· Ability to interpret and transform data into relevant and usable information for institutional decision making.
· Experience with Banner highly desirable, but not required