Bay de Noc Community College, EOE, is seeking a highly-motivated person to serve as the Vice President for Instruction and Student Learning at our Escanaba, Michigan campus. The Vice President for Instruction & Student Learning will serve as the chief instructional officer of the college. The position reports directly to the President. The position provides leadership and direction in all areas related to instruction and student learning. The position is responsible for curriculum development, student access, faculty, budget management, and student achievement recognition. The position ensures that the college's goals and initiatives relating to instruction and student learning are implemented. In addition, the person will be expected to participate in the college's Continuous Improvement process and its AQIP accreditation activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Master's degree required, doctorate preferred.
2. Five years experience in community college teaching and/or demonstrated effective administrative leadership.
3. A thorough understanding of the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
4. Strong communication skills and facility in interpersonal relationships.
5. Successful experience in the management of college budgets.
6. Ability to build community alliances.
7. Multi-campus leadership experience.
ESSENTIAL APTITUDES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Demonstrate ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment.
2. Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external customers.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as good listening skills.
4. Demonstrate a positive attitude, maturity, initiative and integrity with a professional image contributing to the success of the College.
5. Accept responsibility for professional growth.
6. Ability to identify needed action without continual direction.
7. Excellent organization skills and ability to work under pressure.
8. Knowledge of, and ability to work within, continuous improvement systems.
9. Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
10. A demonstrated record of professional accomplishment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Curriculum Development and Implementation
a. Provide executive leadership to Bay College's educational services in planning, organizing and
implementing services and programs in accordance with Board policies.
b. Provide overall responsibility and leadership for curriculum development and review.
c. Ensure that the college has outcomes-based syllabi for each course on file.
d. Ensure that the college's general education architecture is consistently applied to each program offered by the college.
e. Keep the college community informed about changes in curriculum.
f. Maintain current files on all established curriculum.
g. Work with program leaders in the establishment of community advisory committees.
h. Experience with on-line delivery of instruction.
II. Student Learning and Access
a. Provide leadership in the assessment of student learning.
b. Work with faculty and instructional leaders in the implementation of technology-enhanced instruction and learning.
c. Prepare semester course schedules.
d. Provide overall supervision
and leadership in the college's off-campus sites.
a. Implement on a continuing basis the college's faculty evaluation process.
b. Provide faculty with professional development opportunities that strengthen their teaching and open new venues for student learning.
c. Provide a mentoring program for non-tenured faculty as well as tenured faculty who would benefit from a mentor.
d. Recommend faculty who deserve and qualify for tenure.
e. Administer the full-time and part-time contracts.
f. Recommend to the President the replacement or new full-time faculty hires.
g. Maintain a quality pool of part-time faculty.
a. Administer the budget related to instruction.
b. Provide assistance and oversight of Perkins federal funding.
c. Prepare annual instructional budget requests.
d. Assure budget funds are spent wisely and for intended purposes.
V. Student Recognition
a. Support and promote Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society.
b. Promote and participate in achievement award activities.
VI. Reports and Records
a. Complete NCA annual report information on faculty and curriculum.
b. Lead AQIP accreditation activities.
c. Complete state and federal government reports as required.
1. Serves as the chief instructional officer of the College.
2. Provides overall supervision and leadership in the College's off-campus sites.
Reports directly to the President
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications will be reviewed starting on September 28, 2012.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m with an hour lunch
Bay College offers the following benefits: health, life, dental, vision, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems or TIAA/CREF, 403(b), YMCA membership, a Wellness Program, tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
In the event that you are interested in this position, please use the following link view the details of the position, and to make application: https://baycollege.simplehire.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=50697