This position is responsible for overall administration, leadership, and operation of the following programs:
Nursing, Associate Degree (in conjunction with an Associate Dean for Nursing)
Emergency Medical Services
Health Information Management
Paraeducation, Early Childhood
Networking & Convergence Technology
· Responsible for budget management of ~$4M.
· Makes hiring recommendations to Executive Staff.
· Supervises & evaluates numerous faculty and staff (~40 Full-time, 110 Adjunct Faculty, 10 staff).
· Leads Program Review, Learning Outcomes Assessment, and Operational Planning for the Health, Business, & Professional Services.
· Lead and support innovative approaches to educational delivery, student learning, and success.
· Develop and manage changes in educational programs necessary to meet the economic development and workforce needs of a diverse, urban community.
· Assure compliance with state and federal program requirements.
· Provide leadership to meet college and program specific accreditation requirements.
· Encourage and support participation in professional development and college governance activities.
· Identify potential grant sources and participate in securing external funding to meet program needs.
· Manage and oversee the negotiation of clinical affiliations.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Masters degree from an accredited college or university.
· Three years experience as an administrator in a post-secondary institution or equivalent experience in a business or healthcare setting.
· Experience in budget management and oversight.
· Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university.
· Knowledge of current practices in higher education: student learning outcomes assessment, educational technology, online instructional programming.
· Experience in working in a professional/technical program or in teaching.
· Ability to work effectively with populations representing diverse backgrounds, life experiences and abilities.
Conditions of Employment
· Successfully pass a criminal history background check.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
· A history of innovative, change management.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with students, faculty, staff and external community partners.
· Commitment to a diverse community.
· Ability to solve problems effectively and quickly.
· Ethics and integrity, and sound professional judgment.
· An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, colleagues and staff representing diverse ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic and learning abilities.
· Commitment to functioning as an effective team member.
Application Materials & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following: (Packages received that do not contain all of these materials will not be considered by the screening committee.) Application materials must be submitted online through our website.
1. Tacoma Community College online application.
2. Resume & cover letter describing how your educational background and experience align with the responsibilities and qualifications.
3. Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended.
(Official transcripts will be required for the successful candidate)
4. We strive to employ individuals who possess the skills necessary to effectively educate a diverse population of learners. Our effort is to create a cultural climate that recognizes, respects, and celebrates differences. Please attach a statement (maximum two pages):
A. Expressing your cultural self-awareness,
B. Describing your experiences with other cultures and communities, and
C. Demonstrating how you apply these to the learning/working environment.
All complete applications received by the guaranteed consideration date will be reviewed by a screening committee. Selected candidates will be invited for interview. All documents submitted as a part of your application package become property of the college and will not be returned.
Terms of Employment
This is a full-time exempt administrative position contracted on an annual basis. The salary range for this position is $80,000 -$90,000 annually DOE/DOQ. The salary will be prorated to reflect the actual number of contract days worked in the remainder of the contract year. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the department. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by official transcripts.
Please apply online at: http://www.tacomacc.edu/abouttcc/careersattcc/