(1) Participating in the development and implementation of the philosophy, goals, and policies of the District,
(2) Serving as chief administrative officer of the assigned college and assuming responsibility for its educational program, services, and facilities,
(3) Providing constructive interpretation of District and college philosophies, policies, and procedures for faculty, staff, and students
(4) Providing leadership for the college in developing and maintaining a balanced educational program appropriate to the specific needs of the community,
(5) Recommending the assignment and termination of college personnel,
(6) Providing a climate which encourages instructional innovation,
(7) Administering the college budget as approved, and
(8) Representing the college in the community.
* Earned Doctorate preferred, Master's degree in an educational field plus broad range of experience on a professional level in higher education may be considered in lieu of Doctorate.
* Five (5) years full-time administrative experience including management of educational programs and budget development community college experience preferred.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess:
* An earned master's degree or other graduate degree. An earned doctorate is preferred.
* Five (5) years of demonstrated success at a senior leadership level in higher education or other complex organization. Experience in higher education is preferred.
* Ability to organize and lead academic operations and cultivate a student-centered environment that promotes excellence.
* Demonstrated abilities in communication and interpersonal skills that will enable the successful candidate to effectively represent the institution with internal and external constituencies.
* Demonstrated success in fostering collaboration, openness, and responsiveness.
* Demonstrated skills in fiscal management and resource development.
* Commitment to working in a community college, shared governance environment.
* Commitment to diversity and inclusion and creating an environment of equity for students and employees.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
* Position will remain open until filled.
An MCC application must be accompanied by the following:
1. A cover letter which indicates the position of interest and addresses the following:
• The highlights of your education and experience which specifically prepare you for this position;
• The ability to organize and lead academic operations and cultivate a student-centered environment that promotes excellence.
• Your abilities in communication and interpersonal skills that will enable the successful candidate to effectively represent the institution with internal and external constituencies.
• Success in fostering collaboration, openness, and responsiveness.
• Your skills in fiscal management and resource development.
• Your commitment to working in a community college, shared governance environment.
• Commitment to diversity and inclusion and creating an environment of equity for students and employees; and
2. A resume to include three professional references with name, address, and phone number.
3. Official or student copies of your transcripts.
Official transcripts will be required if selected for an interview.
* Interviews will be conducted by a hiring committee.
For more information, to review the complete position description and to apply online, visit our website at: https://www.mcckcjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=51628