The Chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville invites letters of nomination and letters of interest for the position of Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. Founded in 1975, the University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville (UACCB) is a comprehensive community college committed to providing learning experiences that improve the lives of those the college serves. UACCB provides affordable access to technical education and college transfer programs that meet the diverse higher education needs of the citizens of north central Arkansas. Located in the foothills of the beautiful Ozark Mountains on the scenic White River in north central Arkansas, Batesville is 90 miles north of Little Rock and 120 miles west of Memphis. With a population just over 10,000, Batesville is a regional trade center and is listed in Norman Crampton's The 100 Best Small Towns in America.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Demonstrated leadership in an academic setting; experience at the dean/division chair level or higher is preferred
• A participatory leadership style with a commitment to collaborative decision-making
• Proven experience in curriculum and program development
• Experience with effective assessment of student learning
• Experience with strategic planning, budgeting, and instructional resource allocation
• Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with all college departments
• Understanding of emerging instructional technologies
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to the comprehensive community college mission
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution; doctorate preferred
• Experience with various grant development and oversight of outcomes
• A successful record of teaching at the community college level
• Demonstrated success in distance learning management and online program assessment
• A commitment to and appreciation of diversity
• A commitment to civic engagement and community involvement
Compensation is commensurate with the background and experience of the candidate selected. A generous fringe benefits package is included.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications, current resume/vita, official transcripts, and references. Screening of applications will begin April 1, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. Applications and nominations should be submitted to: Alexa Smith, Personnel Officer; UACCB; P.O. Box 3350; Batesville, AR 72503. UACCB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.