St. Louis Community College is the largest community college system in Missouri and the second largest institution of higher education in the state with current credit enrollment each semester of almost 30,000 students. The College is a charter member of the League for Innovation in Community Colleges and is accredited by the North Central Association/Higher Learning Commission.
The College includes four campuses, three education centers and district administrative offices enrolling 29,230 students. We offer 15 college-transfer and 90-plus career programs in the areas of art and design, business, civil and community service, engineering and technology, health and office professions; plus continuing education, developmental, and business/industrial training programs. The College employs 1,400+ full-time faculty and staff and 2,300+ part-time faculty and staff.
Position Responsibilities: The Special Assistant to the Chancellor/Chief of Staff serves as the assistant to the Chancellor relieving the Chancellor of a wide and complex variety of administrative details as assigned. Handles sensitive documents and information that require problem solving and discretion. Functions as an advisor, researcher, planner and writer with a variety of specific areas of responsibility that are often confidential. Assists with the management of the budgets under the Chancellor’s authority.
· Works with the Chancellor as it relates to strategic planning and budgeting.
· Oversees the office operations as it relates to the completion of tasks in the Chancellor’s Office.
· Conducts research or analytical studies to assist the Chancellor in the formulation of new policies, procedures, and strategic planning initiatives.
· Establishes and maintains a Gantt Chart for all functions for the District operations. Manages the Leadership Team Gantt Chart.
· Monitors, expedites, and reports on matters related to the activities and responsibilities of the Office of the Chancellor.
· Investigates specific issues/concerns as assigned by the Chancellor.
· Assists the Chancellor with liaisons to the corporate community, community based organizations, educational affiliates and state educational organizations/councils.
· Works closely with the Vice Chancellors, Presidents, and other members of the Leadership Team to complete assignments from the Chancellor.
· Coordinates partnerships with businesses, governmental agencies, and educational institutions in concert with the mission of the College, with a special focus on the K-12 system.
· Assists the Chancellor with the continuous quality efforts with the College.
· Master’s degree with five (5) or more years of relevant full-time experience in the public sector required.
· Doctorate strongly preferred.
· Broad knowledge of the community college organization to include: operations, policies, practices, goals, and mission. Knowledge of data collection and analysis preferred.
· All candidates must complete an online application at https://jobs.stlcc.edu/postings/1771.
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.