Walla Walla Community College invites applications to fill the exempt position of Assistant Director of Financial Aid located at the Walla Walla campus.
To assist the Director in overall management of the Financial Aid Office and perform related work as required.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of the complex federal and state rules and regulations governing the administration of each aid program.
· Assist in managing the operation of the financial aid office and responsible for the supervision of financial aid work study staff.
· Primary responsibility is to manage the Direct Loan program including awarding, certification and transmission, award changes, return of Title IV, monthly and yearly reconciliation, and other required reports.
· Coordination of the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals process, which includes participating as part of the appeal committee.
· Responsible for downloading and maintaining the ISIR information from the federal processor for each FAFSA applicant.
· Transmission of all financial aid files through ED Connect.
· Provides financial aid counseling to students and processes student financial aid files in accordance with federal and state regulations.
· Maintain excellent relationships with all college departments while advocating for the needs of students through the financial aid office.
· Serves as Acting Director in the absence of the Director of Financial Aid.