Metropolitan Community College invites applications and nominations for Dean of Health Science and Executive Director of the Health Science Institute
THE COLLEGE: The five campuses of Metropolitan Community College (MCC) serve more than 18,000 students and offer 80 career programs. MCC has developed articulation agreements with nearly all of the area colleges and universities providing a pathway for students. In addition the colleges offer programs that promote the development of occupational skills that prepare students for successful entry into the workforce. The Penn Valley campus has an enrollment of over 6000 students and offers a very diverse and global profile. It is known nationally for the Health Science Institute; the Francis Institute for Child and Youth Development; Teacher Education; the Applied Language Institute; the Kipp Endeavor Academy; and art programs.
THE INSTITUTE: The Health Science Institute was designed to centralize all of the allied health and nursing programs, both credit and non-credit, in one building. With this model, all the health career programs benefit from the ability to share resources and minimize the duplication of equipment and supplies. Centralization of the programs also allows for increased multidisciplinary instruction, so the students can not only learn the role of the profession they are majoring in, but also how that role changes when the student engages with students in the other healthcare professions.
THE DEAN and EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Reporting directly to the President of MCC-Penn Valley and participating as a member of the Leadership team, the Dean of Health Science and Executive Director of the Health Science Institute has overall responsibility for management of all of the educational programming and services provided by the Health Science Institute (HSI).
RESPONSIBILITIES: Below is a sample of what the Dean/Executive Director will be expected to do.
· Provide leadership, planning and management to insure that the strategic goals for the HSI are successfully met.
· Develop and maintain strategic relationships with leaders in the healthcare industry, the community, and other stakeholders to ensure that HSI successfully meets the education and training expectations of the constituents it serves.
· Supervise all personnel in HSI: recruit, provide professional development opportunities, and evaluate performance.
· Provide oversight for maintaining program quality and ensure that all requirements for meeting programs' professional accreditation standards are met. Provide professional representation and manage relationships with all external accrediting bodies.
· Provide leadership and oversight to ensure high-quality, effective program curriculum, classroom instruction and clinical instruction.
REQUIREMENTS: Below is a sample of the position requirements.
· Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a health care related field such as Nursing or Health Care Administration (a doctorate would distinguish the candidate)
· A minimum of five years of administrative and teaching experience
· Technology savvy with deep experience utilizing word processing, database and spreadsheet software applications
· Knowledge of and experience with instructional technologies utilized in health care education.
· Experience in a highly diverse community college setting would distinguish the candidate
NOMINATIONS and APPLICATIONS: EFL Associates, an executive search firm, is assisting MCC with its search for this key administrative position. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm.
Please consult the Position Profile found at our website (http://www.eflassociates.com/highereducation) for a detailed list of position responsibilities, required & preferred experience/skills/education, and detailed application requirements. To find the profile, click on the link for “Open Positions” and then “Higher Education”. Nominations and applications will be held in confidence.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Submit all applications and supporting materials electronically to:
Metropolitan Community College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Confidential inquiries, questions and nominations may be directed to:
Ms. Jan M. Asnicar, Vice President
Higher Education Practice, EFL Associates