Business Account Representative – Business & Community Services
Holyoke Community College
For six decades, Holyoke Community College has educated and inspired students of diverse ages and backgrounds. Our students and employees alike share a common desire to succeed. If you want to be part of this vibrant community, consider a career at HCC.
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Business & Community Services and under the direction of the TWO Director of Sales, does outside sales for Training and Workforce Options (TWO). This individual will prepare customized training and consulting packages for area businesses and their employees; Develop long-term relationships with the business community; Assess client needs, research, assist with off-campus registration and all aspects of the program implementation; and provide consulting services related to business planning and development. This individual will develop the TWO marketing plan and assist in its implementation.
- Identify custom contract sales prospects and initiate a needs assessment of each business, i.e. the discovery process. Work as part of the TWO team to respond to customer inquiries.
- Develop relationships with company owners/managers to facilitate consultative sales of workforce development education/training/services to the organizations.
- Make presentations or proposals to organizations leading to sales of private contracts.
- Provide detailed information on the customer and their training needs to the program/training development team and assist in the preparation of a scope of work and the training project proposal.
- Interact with the customer on the training proposal to rectify concerns, amend the scope or proposal, in order to identify the value proposition and the company’s potential return on investment. (ROI)
- Assist in the development and submission of proposals to outside business organizations in response to identified training/service needs by working with the TWO program/training development team (Staff and faculty from both Holyoke Community College and Springfield Technical Community College).
- With the TWO sales manager and the program/training development team negotiate, write and submit contracts.
- Maintain customer service throughout the process from proposal to implementation of the training/services; include customer satisfaction evaluations and any and all necessary follow-up after services have been rendered. Ensure that evaluations of instructor(s) or trainer(s) are performed for each training offering or program and that feedback is provided to the instructors.
- Market the HCC/STCC on-campus programs and customized on-site programs/services through direct mail, visits to companies, regional networking events, social media, advertising, etc.
- Perform marketing activities for the department in collaboration with other HCC-BCS and STCC employees, to include materials development, procurement of printers/mail houses, delivery/pickup of materials, and management/ maintenance of mailing databases.
- Establish and maintain record maintenance system on the TWO Sales Force software.
- Assist employers with Work Force Training Fund grants information and applications.
- Work with the BCS marketing and sales team to develop an annual schedule of standard open enrollment programming occurring on a regular basis on campus and at other HCC branches/satellites and procure through contracts appropriate trainers for open enrollment programming. Research programming enrollments and market demands of open enrollment programming, and develop new open enrollment programming in response to changes in technology or new in-demand training areas. Evaluate customer satisfaction for open enrollment programming.
- Perform special projects and related responsibilities as initiated and requested.
Minimum of two years successful outside sales and/or consultative sales experience, including proposal/contract development; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field; Knowledge of workforce development current trends and issues; Minimum of two years experience in workforce development/training and/or marketing; Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize; Computer literacy and experience in word processing; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Self-motivated, team player with proven excellence in customer service; Ability to work effectively with diverse outside (area businesses) and inside (divisions and departments within the College) customers. Experience in post-secondary product/service sales and marketing to outside customers preferred; Knowledge of western Mass. workforce companies and training needs preferred; Experience with database (CRM) and spreadsheet design and use preferred; Budgeting experience; Grant writing/administration experience and desktop publishing; Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Interested applicants MUST submit a Resume, Cover Letter and List of 3 Professional References with names, addresses, and phone numbers. (When preparing your cover letter, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications pertaining to this position and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.) Please submit these documents online to: www.hcc.edu/careers
The position offers a salary of $43,200-$51,600/year plus a comprehensive State benefits package. We will be reviewing applications beginning May 25th, 2012.
Holyoke Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer Apply Here