The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Cape Fear Community College. The President serves as the Chief Executive Officer and reports directly to an appointed thirteen-member Board.
With over 28,000 students enrolling in classes every year, Cape Fear Community College is the sixth largest community college in North Carolina and is a major economic development partner in southeastern North Carolina. Since 1958, CFCC has been dedicated to providing world-class workforce training and quality higher education opportunities for the citizens of New Hanover and Pender counties. CFCC is currently undergoing a major campus expansion program to include $164 million in new facilities at the downtown Wilmington Campus, North Campus in Castle Hayne and Surf City, NC.
An earned Doctorate degree from an accredited institution required
Minimum of five years senior level community college administrative experience required or equivalent required.
Traits and Characteristics:
- An ethical administrator of great integrity who sets high personal standards with a record of fair and honest leadership resulting in the development of a high level of trust within the College and with the greater community.
- Demonstrated fair and equitable allotment of resources and support for all programs across the College.
- A leader with a demonstrated commitment to excellence and student success with a record of effective leadership including a thorough knowledge of community college accreditation requirements and demonstrated strong support for continuous staff development.
- Is visionary, creative, and open to people and to new ideas with commitment to the comprehensive community college mission and the ability to instill in others a passion for that the mission.
- Communicates effectively, possesses an open communication style with strong speaking, writing, and listening skills.
- A leader who has demonstrated sensitivity to and an appreciation of ethnic and cultural diversity and a record of building consensus and reaching out to various and diverse stakeholders.
- An understanding and appreciation of the proper relationship between the Board of Trustees and the President.
- An understanding of the importance of technology as it relates to institutional effectiveness and a commitment to its application to teaching and learning, and administrative support.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative programs and work with others to support the economic development efforts of the community served.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and a willingness to make tough decisions.
- A sound fiscal manager with the ability to maximize the effective use of resources and expand the resource base of the College.
- A demonstrated ability to use collaborative leadership skills to build and implement effective plans that include actively supporting the development of partnerships between the College, business and industry, other educational organizations, cultural entities, and civic organizations throughout our service area.
- An articulate spokesperson for the College, locally, statewide, and nationally; and is politically astute with proven advocacy skills and a solid understanding of local, state, and national legislative processes and issues.
Visit our web site at www.cfcc.edu/president to view the presidential profile and application procedure. All information needed to make application is located on the website.
To make general inquires about Cape Fear Community College or for clarification regarding application materials, contact Mr. John Upton, Search Liaison to the Board, at 910-362-7027 or email email@example.com.
Confidential inquiries about the position, the application procedure or search process should be directed to Dr. Donny Hunter, the Board’s Search consultant, at 919-809-2423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure consideration, application materials must be submitted by noon (EST) May 16, 2012.
Every effort will be made to maintain the confidentiality of all candidates. If selected as a finalist, candidates will be notified before that information is made public.
Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
An NCACCT Assisted Search
919-258-5240 / email@example.com