Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Vice President of Student Services
Instructions for applying:
To apply for this position, submit all required application materials (listed below) to http://www.fhdajobs.net.
- A District application to be completed at http://www.fhdajobs.net *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A cover letter detailing your qualifications, skills and abilities as they relate to the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- All college transcripts scanned in Word or PDF version.
We do not accept JPEG or other file formats for transcripts. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain and submit transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company, and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials. Application materials not required for this position (including reference letters) will not be accepted.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Duties and Responsibilities
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the management position of Vice President of Student Services, Foothill College.
Vice President for Student Services profile:
The Vice President for Student Services provides strong leadership in the areas of student access, retention and student success and serves as the chief student services officer of the college. The vice president will also work collaboratively with the college's various stakeholders to develop and implement innovative approaches to enhance student learning and provide a student-centered learning environment. The position reports directly to the President and works cohesively with the senior staff to provide campus and district leadership.
The Vice President for Student Services directly supervises the Dean of Counseling, the Dean of Student Affairs and Student Activities, and the Director of Disabled Student Services & Veterans Programs. The Vice President is responsible for all areas of student services, which include Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS), testing and assessment, disability resources, admissions and records and outreach, and financial aid. The vice president will assign duties to administrators, faculty and staff, within parameters as negotiated with collective bargaining units; hire and evaluate administrators, faculty and staff; develop and offer programs and manage budgets, Additionally, the position is responsible for planning, directing, administering, and evaluating student programs and services of the college; developing, recommending and implementing policies and procedures that support student success; ensuring compliance with federal, state, local and district regulations; maintaining and protecting student information; and supervising and evaluating the performance of assigned personnel.
The vice president works collaboratively with instruction to foster a positive learning environment for students, faculty and staff.
Hiring Range: $126,847.32-$139,839.72
Full Salary Range: $126,847.32-$162,038.28
Annual salary plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long-term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Permanent, 12 months per year.
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2012
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Email: employment @fhda.edu
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- One year of administrative experience, formal training, internship or leadership.
- Three to five years of progressive administrative responsibility in student services or a related area.
- Experience in leading institutional change.
- Experience with student learning outcomes identification and assessment for student services.
- Demonstrated experience with integrated budget and planning, and a data driven program review process.
- Knowledge of admissions processes. procedures and reporting requirements.
Job Close Date
In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, and contracts, such as the California State Education Code, Title 5, Title IX, California Community College Athletics Assoc. regulations, District board policy, OSHA regulations, federal and state labor laws, and ADA compliance laws.
- Knowledge of employment, supervision, and evaluation principles for faculty, staff, and administrators; ability to demonstrate strong supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements, and the ability to negotiate with District bargaining groups: Faculty Association, ACE, CSEA, and Teamsters.
- Knowledge of shared governance, teambuilding, and collaborative decision-making process within and across organizational lines; ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of District administrative policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to use technology, application and registration software systems and business software and communications systems.
- Ability to provide leadership to ensure programs and services meet student needs.
- Ability to supervise administrators, staff, and faculty to create and maintain a positive working, teaching, and learning environment.
- Ability to inform, advise, and collaborate with the president's senior staff on the college's mission, direction, accreditation, and activities.
- Ability to collaborate with businesses, schools, and community agencies to build positive and successful working relationships.
- Ability to chair college-wide committees, task groups, and councils.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including public speaking and creating complex proposals and presentations.
- Ability to demonstrate proven leadership and management.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically.
To apply, please visit: http://www.fhdajobs.net/applicants/Central?quickFind=179413