· Is a member of the executive leadership team of the College and maintains an
institutional overview in planning and decision making. Helps to construct
organizational goals and plans and communicates these to members of the
Academic Affairs division.
· Establishes long-term, strategic goals and objectives for the Academic Affairs functional area and related departments as well as program outcomes, academic achievement and assessment strategies . This includes planning for new program implementation through the development of business plans.
· Provides College-wide leadership for strategic and operational planning.
· Coordinates College curriculum development to create a student centered curriculum and services.
· Promotes and provides innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
· Responsible for leading the College through the HLC accreditation process.
· Develops, implements and updates policies and procedures for functional areas and related departments to assure compliance with federal and state laws.
· Allocates the necessary human and fiscal resources to further strategic objectives. This includes developing, monitoring and approving budgetary expenditures.
· Provides leadership and vision, and also demonstrates support and engages in a learning centered and “one-college” philosophy and shared governance.
· Provides leadership and guidance to instructional technology and distance education program development and implementation.
· Supervises and provides leadership and mentoring to the Dean of Arts and Science and the Dean of Career and Technical Education (who both supervise the District’s full-time and part-time Faculty), the Executive Director of Community and Corporate Learning, the Registrar and Director of Enrollment Services, the Executive Dean of the Page Campus, the Curriculum Coordinator, and an Executive Assistant. This includes making hiring and termination recommendations, conducting performance evaluations and carrying out disciplinary actions when necessary. Oversees the supervision and evaluation of faculty, recommends faculty and department/division chair hiring and dismissal.
· Provides leadership, guidance and mentoring to all Academic Affairs faculty and staff with regard to College mission, vision, goals and strategic plans. Engages them in the furtherance and achievement of strategic objectives.
· Measures the performance of the functional area and acts upon findings to make improvements, assure compliance and achieve strategic objectives. This includes creating assessment plans, analyzing and applying the results of surveys, updating procedures, revising goals and objectives, as necessary, and communicating changes to effected parties.
· Maintains liaison relationships with business, industry and community partners and represents the College, the functional areas and related departments in college-wide, state, regional, and national committees.
· Advises and makes detailed presentations to the District Governing Board, the College President and other College constituents and community members on matters of College and state-wide interest, of intergovernmental agreements, and program developments in the functional areas.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the President.