Name: St. Louis Community College
Chancellor: Myrtle E. B. Dorsey
City: Saint Louis
Campus Setting: Four campuses that serve both urban and suburban settings
Year Established: 1962
Governing Board Website
Student Characteristics Based on Fall 2010 IPEDS Data
2010 Fall Credit Enrollment
Total Enrollment: 29,230
Part Time: 59%
Asian/Pacific Islander: 3%
Native American: less than 1%
Myrtle E. B. Dorsey
Quote from the Chancellor
“In 2012, St. Louis Community College (STLCC) celebrates five decades of dynamic learning and a legacy of positive impact on our region and our alumni. Over 1.2 million students have passed through our doors during that time. Our journey has focused on access, academic rigor, continuous quality, and hiring the best-qualified faculty and staff. Opening one new campus and three new educational centers in less than five years characterizes our belief in our future and demonstrates how we are ready, responsive, nimble and dynamic in serving the needs of our constituents—almost 80,000 students per year. We are an institution of extraordinary impact—we expand minds and change lives every day.”
- STLCC is the largest community college district in Missouri and the second largest higher education system in the state.
- At least one person in more than half of households in the St. Louis area has attended STLCC.
- The college annually ranks among the top associate degree-producing institutions in the United States.
- STLCC is a founding member of the League for Innovation in the Community College.
- The college’s annual economic impact on St. Louis is $2.5 billion, which is about 2.7% of the total St. Louis area economy.