Name: South Plains College
President: Kelvin Sharp
Campus Setting: Small Town
Year Established: 1957
Governing Board Website
Student Characteristics based on Fall 2010 IPEDS data
2010 Fall Credit Enrollment
Total Enrollment: 9,900
Part Time: 50.0%
African- American: 4.8%
Native American: 0.6%
Quote from the President
“South Plains College (SPC) is a two-year community college that is focused on improving each student's life. This is our vision, and it is what sets us apart from other institutions of higher education. Our graduates are educated to be self-confident in their pursuits, trained in the technology of their career interest, and capable of responding to a rapidly changing world.”
- SPC is a student-centered college that provides many educational options in academic transfer, technical and workforce education.
- SPC serves a 15-county service region in the panhandle of Texas.
- The college provides a quality education at an affordable price.
- SPC offers nearly 100 program options to prepare you for the future.
- SPC has state-of-the-arts instructional equipment and hands-on training.