Name: Schenectady County Community College
President: Quintin B. Bullock
Campus Setting: Small City
Year Established: 1967
Governing Board Website
Total Enrollment: 7,207
Part Time: 1,724
Full Time: 2,721
College in the High School: 2,686
Noncredit and Auditors: 76
African American: 14.0%
Quintin B. Bullock
Denise Murphy McGraw
Quote from the President
“At Schenectady County Community College, our faculty and staff are committed to providing instruction and workforce development training of the highest quality. Everyone at SCCC shares the board of trustees and my commitment to be a premier community college that empowers individuals to reach their greatest potential."
- SCCC’s student body headcount increased 27.6% percent from 2009 to 2012. Compared to 10 years ago, SCCC has approximately 2,500 more students
- SCCC works collaboratively with business and industry to develop new programs that respond to needs of an emerging workforce. Exciting new programs include: Nutrition, Nanoscale Technology, Alternative Energy Technology, Battery Storage Technology, Air Traffic Control, Medical Coding & Billing, and Chemical Dependency Counseling.
- SCCC has seen great expansion with the opening of a 12,000 sq. ft. addition to its School of Music, and its 31,000 sq. ft. satellite location in Downtown Schenectady, where thousands of students take classes.
- College Suites at Washington Square, is SCCC’s first 112,000 sq. ft. student housing facility. The luxury style student living space features 264-bed units of suites, a community kitchen, flight simulator, fitness center, music room, study room, game room and a student lounge. Each suite comes fully furnished and includes full-size appliances, free cable and Internet/Wi-Fi.
- SCCC received the largest single grant in the College’s history, $11.2 million, to train professionals for new jobs in the fast growing health care field. The funding is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Affordable Care Act.
- SCCC’s women’s crew team is one of two community college crew teams in the United States.