If your college reached its 25-, 30-, 40-, 50-, 75-, or 100-year anniversary in 2012 or will reach any of these anniversaries in 2013 or 2014, we want to know! Our new feature, Community College Anniversaries, will highlight institutions celebrating these milestones.
How to Participate
First, confirm that your college is an AACC member. To do this, go to the Community College Finder and enter your college’s name. If your institution is listed, your membership is up to date. If you are unable to find your college in the Community College Finder database, your membership is not current. Please contact our Membership Department and speak with Wayne Horton (202.728.0200 x236; email@example.com). He will assist you in getting your membership updated.
Once your membership is confirmed, please send the following information to Anna Miars:
- name of your college
- what year it was established
- what anniversary it has reached (or will soon reach)
- a link to the school's website or a landing page dedicated to the anniversary
- at least one photo (two to five preferably) that is representative of the anniversary your school is celebrating
- a brief description to accompany the photo(s)
- a completed release form allowing us to publish your photo(s) on our Flickr account and website*
*We will credit copyright to your school or a photographer per your specific request
The photo(s) can be historic or current. If you submit multiple photos, we will create a photo set on Flickr and link to it from the main photo you designate. We encourage you to submit a photo(s) that are "active" versus posed. See the examples below as well as the type of photo caption you should submit with all photos:
Wake Technical Community College - 50 years (2013)
Caption: Wake Technical Community College in North Carolina officially opened its doors on October 7, 1963, as the W.W. Holding Industrial Education Center. Pictured is the first class of nurses in 1964.
San Jacinto College - 50 years (2011)
Gateway Technical College - 40 years (2011)