The Corporate Council is the advisory arm of AACC's Corporate Program. Established in 2002, the Council is designed to offer a space for direct, open dialogue between AACC Board members and corporate leaders representing diverse industries.
The Corporate Council meetings coincide with AACC Board sessions and take place in April (at AACC's annual convention site) and November (in Washington, DC). Each 3-hour session, provides networking opportunities that serve to identify collaborative initiatives, recognize emerging sector trends, and strengthen existing partnerships between AACC member colleges and businesses.
Corporate Council Membership
The Corporate Council membership comprises three groups:
AACC Corporate Program participants at the Leader, Partner, and Advocate levels
AACC Board of Directors' Executive Committee
Select AACC senior staff
The Corporate Council Chair serves a 2-year term and is elected by a vote of the Council membership. The Chair is a volunteer position.
Current Corporate Council Chair, July-December 2013:
- Jonell Sanchez, Vice-President, College and Career Readiness, Pearson
Past Corporate Council Chairs:
- Sandi Kirshner, Executive Vice President for Higher Education Policy, Pearson
- Sandra DeCastro / SunGard Higher Education
- Timothy E. Lane / TIAA-CREF
- A. Lee Burch / Jacobs, Carter & Burgess
- John F. Speer, III / Datatel
- H. Russell Griffith / Datatel