Six commissions authorized by the AACC Board are covered by these guidelines. Each consists of an average of 24 people from member institutions who are CEOs/administrators, plus additional people from organizations who work in areas that are relevant to the specific commissions' specific charges. The commissions are listed below, and general activity areas are noted for each. The activity areas are intended to be viewed as suggestive rather than definitive.
The six commissions are:
- Commission on Academic, Student and Community Development
- Commission on Communications and Marketing
- Commission on Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
- Commission on Economic and Workforce Development
- Commission on Global Education
- Commission on Research, Technology and Emerging Trends
Commissions were established to accomplish the following:
- provide advice to the AACC Board and staff;
- encourage collaboration among community college entities and organizations;
- provide a forum for focused conversation about the important community college issues and priorities of the day;
- provide for increased involvement in the Association by AACC member CEOs and other professional staff; and
- provide leadership opportunities for members of the AACC Board of Directors (who serve as Chairs).
2014 Commission Nominations
CEOs of member institutions are eligible to apply for institutional member appointments to the commissions. Institutional members serve a three-year term .
Affiliated Council representatives nominated to serve on behalf of their organizations must reflect the philosophy and opinions of that council. Affiliated Council nominees are appointed for a one-year term, and must be reappointed annually, even if the council opts to have the same person represent it in consecutive years.
Institutional Member nominee form can be accessed here
Affiliated Council nominee form can be accessed here