The AACC Outstanding College/Corporate Partnership Award honors local, regional and national collaboration between an institution or institutions that has achieved demonstrable, multi-year success in advancing the mission of the institution(s), the economic prosperity of a community, region or the nation, and the learning excellence of students.
- Meets all General Guidelines of the AACC Awards Program.
- Promotes partnerships between college(s) and business and industry that advance the economic prosperity of the community/region and the competitiveness of the workforce.
- Demonstrates long-standing and measurable outcomes in advancing student success.
- Is characterized by innovative on-campus and workplace opportunities that engage students and employers.
- Provides and leverages resources available to college(s) and students.
- Advocates for state and national policies that advance community colleges and their students.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be employed by or, in the case of trustees, represent an AACC member college in good standing.
- Nomination forms should be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating packages should be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY IN ONE PDF via the link provided at the bottom of this page to AACC's YouSendIt Mailbox AND include the following:
a.) Nomination form [PDF].
b.) A statement not to exceed 200 words establishing the rationale for why the nominated institution should be selected as the Exellence Award recipient.
c.) Minimum two letters of support, including one signed by the nominating college CEO and one signed by business partner.
d.) Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) not to exceed five (5) pages.
e.) Photo release and model release forms [PDF].
-- AND --
f.) E-mail separately a publication quality head shot [300 dpi resolution or higher] of the college CEO to Dr. Angel Royal at email@example.com with the subject line "National Awards Program Nomination Photo."
Deadline for receipt of entries is Wednesday, October 31, 2013. Finalists for the award will be notified in advance. Names of award winner(s) will be embargoed until announced at the AACC Convention.
IMPORTANT: Nominating package should be contained IN ONE PDF and the file name should be the NAME OF YOUR INSTITUTION. [Example: MontgomeryCollege.pdf] Also, please include "National Awards Program Nomination" in the subject line provided when you click on the link below to ensure proper delivery.