The AACC Emerging Leadership Award recognizes CEOs who have developed exemplary systems of leadership and professional development and created a campus culture that proactively supports career and leadership advancement for all campus personnel. Nominees should demonstrate an ongoing commitment to leadership development for emerging community college leaders through programming that includes exposure to the AACC Competencies for Community College Leaders.
Criteria used to evaluate applications are as follows:
- Leads substantive and ongoing campus programs that promote and support professional leadership advancement for college personnel.
- Supports employee participation in community, regional and national leadership programs/institutes (AACC Future Leaders Institute, League for Innovation Executive Leadership Institute, etc.).
- Utilizes AACC's Competencies for Community College Leaders as a guideline to inform campus leadership development efforts.
- Actively and individually participates in developing emerging leaders through such activities as mentoring, coaching, lecturing, or writing for professional publications.
- Demonstrates a strategic and sustained commitment to leadership excellence.
Colleges led by current members of the AACC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
Previous winners in this category are not eligible to apply.
Award finalists in a previous year are eligible to apply in the same category for the subsequent year. However, the finalist must submit an enhanced application. Enhanced means that the applicant must show further strengthening and development of the college's leadership and professional development efforts.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
IMPORTANT: Nominating package should be contained in ONE PDF and the file name should be the NAME OF THE COLLEGE. [Example: Evergreencollege.pdf] Also, please include "National Awards Program Nomination" in the subject line when you click on the link below to ensure proper delivery.
Deadline for receipt of entries is Monday, November 30, 2015. Colleges selected as finalists for the award will be notified in advance. The names of award winner will be embargoed until announced at the AACC Convention.
Upload application packet here