The AACC Exemplary CEO/Board Award recognizes a community college whose board of trustees/CEO collaboration and working relationship are exemplary in promoting effectiveness in community college governance.
- Meets all General Guidelines of the AACC Awards Program.
- Includes sustained and substantive professional development training/education for board members.
- Maintains annual CEO evaluation and a self-evaluation for board members.
- Demonstrates a progressive collaboration that promotes positive visibility for the college, economic and social vitality for the community, and ongoing commitment to success for students.
- Advocates for informed policies that advance community college(s) and their students at local, state, and national levels.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be employed by or, in the case of trustees, represent an AACC member college in good standing.
- Nomination form should be signed by the CEO and board chair of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating packages should be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY IN ONE PDF via the link provided at the bottom of this page to AACC's YouSendIt Mailbox AND include the following:
a.) Nomination form [PDF].
b.) A statement not to exceed 200 words establishing the the rationale for why the nominated institution should be selected as the Exellence Award recipient.
c.) Minimum two letters of support, one from the nominating college CEO and one from the institution's board chair.
d.) Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) not to exceed five (5) pages.
e.) Photo release and model release forms [PDF].
-- AND --
f.) E-mail separately a publication quality head shot [300 dpi resolution or higher] of the college CEO and the board chair to Dr. Angel Royal at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "National Awards Program Nomination Photo."
Deadline for receipt of entries is Wednesday, October 31, 2013. Finalists for the award will be notified in advance. Names of award winner(s) will be embargoed until announced at the AACC Convention.
IMPORTANT: Nominating package should be contained IN ONE PDF and the file name should be the NAME OF YOUR INSTITUTION. [Example: MontgomeryCollege.pdf] Also, please include "National Awards Program Nomination" in the subject line provided when you click on the link below to ensure proper delivery.