The AACC Emerging Leadership Award recognizes AACC member CEOs who have developed exemplary systems of leadership and professional development and created a campus culture that proactively supports employee career and leadership advancement for all campus personnel. Nominees should demonstrate an ongoing commitment to leadership development for emerging community college leaders through institutional programming that includes exposure to the AACC Leadership Competencies for Community College Leaders.
- Meets all General Guidelines for the AACC Awards Program.
- Leads substantive and ongoing campus programs that promote and support professional leadership advancement for college personnel.
- Supports employee participation in community, regional and national leadership programs/institutes (AACC Future Leaders Institute, League for Innovation Executive Leadership Institute, etc.).
- Utilizes AACC's six Competencies for Community College Leaders as a guideline to inform campus leadership development efforts.
- Actively and individually participates in developing emerging leaders through such activities as mentoring, coaching, lecturing, or writing for professional publications.
- Demonstrates a strategic and sustained commitment to leadership excellence.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be employed by or, in the case of trustees, represent an AACC member college in good standing.
- Nomination form should be signed by the board chair of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating packages should be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY IN ONE PDF via the link provided at the bottom of this page to AACC's YouSendIt Mailbox AND include the following:
a.) Nomination form (PDF).
b.) A statement not to exceed 200 words establishing the "business case" for the nomination.
c.) Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO. If the CEO is the nominee, one letter should be signed by the institution's board chair.
d.) Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) not to exceed five (5) pages.
e.) Photo release and model release forms (PDF).
-- AND --
f.) E-mail separately a publication quality head shot [300 dpi resolution or higher] of the college CEO to Dr. Angel Royal at email@example.com with the subject line "National Awards Program Nomination Photo."
Deadline for receipt of entries is Wednesday, October 17, 2012. Finalists for the award will be notified in advance. Names of award winner(s) will be embargoed until announced at the AACC Convention.
IMPORTANT: Nominating package should be contained IN ONE PDF and the file name should be the NAME OF YOUR INSTITUTION. [Example: MontgomeryCollege.pdf] Also, please include "National Awards Program Nomination" in the subject line provided when you click on the link below to ensure proper delivery.