The AACC Advancing Diversity Award recognizes the college that has contributed significantly and over a sustained period of time to advancing diversity in community college leadership, the community, and within higher education as a whole.
- Meets all General Guidelines of the AACC Awards Program.
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment with dedicated resources and measurable outcomes to increase diversity within the college and the greater community.
- Articulates in the college mission statement dedication to social equity for all students and personnel in terms of race, gender, age, physical ability, and sexual orientation.
- Sponsors defined and sustained programs to promote diverse leaders and engage diverse student populations.
- Reflects the diversity of its community and student population.
- Models innovative and progressive practices that support institutional diversity.
- Maintains and advocates for policies that support diversity at local, state, and national levels.
General Guidelines and Nomination Instructions:
- All nominees must be employed by or, in the case of trustees, represent an AACC member college in good standing.
- Nomination form should be signed by the CEO of the nominating institution.
- Each award is given annually, and the honoree(s) will be recognized at the AACC Annual Convention.
- Nominating packages should be transmitted ELECTRONICALLY IN ONE PDF via the link provided at the bottom of this page to AACC's YouSendIt Mailbox AND include the following:
a.) Nomination form (PDF).
b.) A statement not to exceed 200 words establishing the "business case" for the nomination.
c.) Minimum two letters of support, one signed by the nominating college CEO. If the CEO is the nominee, one letter should be signed by the institution's Board Chair.
d.) Additional support materials (i.e. news coverage, fact sheet, descriptions) not to exceed five (5) pages.
e.) Photo release and model release forms (PDF).
-- AND --
f.) E-mail separately a publication quality head shot [300 dpi resolution or higher] of the college CEO to Dr. Angel Royal at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "National Awards Program Nomination Photo."
Deadline for receipt of entries is Wednesday, October 17, 2012. Finalists for the award will be notified in advance. Names of award winner(s) will be embargoed until announced at the AACC Convention.
IMPORTANT: Nominating package should be contained IN ONE PDF and the file name should be the NAME OF YOUR INSTITUTION. [Example: MontgomeryCollege.pdf] Also, please include "National Awards Program Nomination" in the subject line provided when you click on the link below to ensure proper delivery.