To prepare a request for affiliated council status to present to the Board, the affiliated council applicant must make a formal request on the organization's letterhead and attach the following documentation.
- A description of the organization and its membership, including the number of members by category (i.e., individual and institutional).
- Address and contact information for the headquarters of the organization (including telephone numbers, email addresses, fax numbers, URL of Web Site, and staff member names and positions as appropriate).
- Rationale for requesting AACC-Affiliated Council status.
- A copy of the current bylaws which include a statement that the organization supports the purposes and objectives of AACC.
- Roster of current officers and schedule for election or selection of officers.
- A copy of the organization’s current annual goals and a review of the past year’s accomplishments.
- Documentation on affirming the Affiliated Council’s 501c.3 status, current financial statements, and most recent audit report.
- Dates and locations of upcoming annual and regional meetings, workshops, conferences, and conventions.
- Samples of newsletters, journals, or other publications.